Hi-Fructose Magazine has just relaunched their site. Along with an awesome design courtesy of the one and only Ert O’Hara, the new site includes an art calendar, online store and at long last, a Hi-Fructose blog. Click on over now to check it out.
Issue #7 is now on stands including features with KuKula, KMNDZ and many more – grab it!!!
Amy Sol’s “Karmic Magic” – coming this June to thinkspace… look for more sneak peaks and additional details to follow soon.
We just posted a nice lil’ sneak preview of “Mergers & Acquisitions” opening on Fri, April 11th at thinkspace at the following link: http://flickr.com/photos/thinkspace/sets/72157604240775341/
We’re excited to announce a ton of new arrivals have recently been posted in our ‘Available Artworks’ section.
New works now in from:
- Turf One (see above – that’s a hand cut character measuring 47×80″ – SUPER stoked to be working with this artist from Canada – building up towards a big show in our project room next fall and more past that).
- Anthony Clarkson (for our show at the Cypress College now on view, we’ve sold every piece we’ve ever received from Anthony and after selling out his portion of this past Nov’s show, he’s a bunch of new collectors on board – look for him in a number of group shows with 1988 and others this summer/fall as builds towards a solo in our project room next spring).
- Cherri Wood (also for Cypress show) – some of her biggest works on paper yet, just stunning and all are really beautifully framed as well.
- A couple great new works from Ekundayo – look for his show with KMNDZ, “Red Forest”, this October at Thinkspace… don’t sleep on ‘Dayo.
- One of the best new true pop surrealists on the scene… VA’s David MacDowell just delivered four new beauties (one was already snapped up before we got them in-house)… check him out, he’s come out of nowhere and we’ve got a show next year already on the books. Can’t wait for this one – just crisp, strong works incorporating a myriad of pop culture influences… matched with one of the most inspiring imaginations I’ve seen in some time.
- Flying/hanging sculptures from OH’s Kevin Titzer – look for a video of these to be posted soon – they are just amazing!
- Leontine Greenberg just sent us a great new array of her bird themed works on paper – all nicely framed and ready for their new homes. We’ll have these on view, along with a couple others we already had on hand, in our back project room area during Kathie & Brandt’s opening this April. She’s gathering some nice group shows over the coming months and we sold out of her works at this past Jan’s API Benefit show… just cleaver, fun works.
- Yuka Yamaguchi from Canada by way of Japan has delivered some large new watercolor works on paper that just have to be seen – more from her next year as well.
- And there are still some BEAUTIFUL works on hand from our recent show with Sarah Joncas and Camilla d’Errico. Both have schedules to be envious of over the coming year and going into 2009, so the time is now before things take another jump due to the ever increasing demand… and with Camilla’s Dark Horse line now hittin’ shops…
- Speaking of past shows, Zach Johnsen from this past Feb’s “The Trinity”… this kid’s upcoming year is amazing. Plus he’s working with Josh Liner out in NYC, so his profile is sure to continue to grow… and his style is so twisted, yet beautiful… HUGE FAN of his work – hoping others catch wind soon. Solo show in our project room this fall… can’t wait!
- Last, but certainly not least, KuKula‘s new show, “Dreamcatcher”, is on view for another couple weeks – come on through, she really did an amazing job on this show and we couldn’t be more proud of all the hard work she put into the show.
View ‘Available Artwork’ from the Thinkspace backroom and current show(s) here:
* Look for more new works to be posted later this week…
Amy Sol has been invited to take part in this year’s Semi-Permanent convention in Australia.
So, what is Semi-Permanent? To put it simply Semi-Permanent is a design event. It consists of a conference and side events which include exhibitions, competitions, workshops and parties. It’s a week long celebration of all things design. Graphic Design, Film, Art, Illustration, Web Design, Photography, Visual Effects, Animation, Graffiti, Motion Graphics, Stop Motion; all these things and more. Semi-Permanent explores the diverse and exciting design world bringing together exceptionally talented artists and designers to speak at the event
Oh… and that image above is a lil’ sneak peak from Amy’s upcoming ‘Karmic Magic’ show that is taking place this June at Thinkspace.
We’ll be posting some more sneak previews very soon. Amy’s super excited about this new body of work and we can’t wait for this show to open.